Our new deep klean kleansing balms are the perfect addition to your routine to maintain your at-home facial glow in between your monthly facials.
what is a cleansing balm?
A cleansing balm is a rich, treatment cleanser that is a creamy, oil-based balm that does double duty – it gives skin a deep clean and restores your skin’s moisture balance. They effectively remove dirt without stripping the skin of essential oils and disrupting the skin barrier. Typically, the consistency of a cleansing balm falls somewhere between a cleansing lotion and cream.
what is the difference between a cleansing balm and cleansing oil?
Cleansing oils are both hydrating and soothing. Unlike traditional cleansers that rely on detergents to break down oil, cleansing oils draw out the oil, makeup and impurities that congest pores with a “like attracts like” approach.
Cleansing balms are formulated with many of the same ingredients as cleansing oils, the major difference is texture. While cleansing balms meltdown once massaged between your hands, they start in a more solid-state, ranging from a wax-like salve to a creamy gel consistency.
why use a cleansing balm?
For oily & acneic skin, cleansing your face with an oil-based cleanser might sound counterintuitive, but it’s actually one of the most effective ways to cut through excess sebum, makeup and buildup on your face, all without stripping your skin. If you are struggling with blemishes, getting a thorough, gentle cleanse is essential to minimizing breakouts. Using a cleansing balm instead of a gel-based cleanser will ensure that your skin is left behind clean with the right amount of lipid it requires to maintain its balance. If we strip too much of our natural oils, our body can respond by producing more sebum that can lead to breakouts and irritation
For dry & normal skin, cleansing balms melt onto the skin and effectively removes dirt and makeup without over-drying it. Unlike many other cleansers that can be synonymous with taut, dry skin or that require additional harsh makeup removers, cleansing balms are an all-in-one cleansing option. They are gentle and maintain skin’s natural sebum content well and work well as a makeup remover, as well as provide that deeper cleanse – allowing you to ditch harsh makeup removers and wipes.
so how do you use it?
- Take a quarter-size amount of the cleansing balm and warm up the product between your palm and fingertips.
- On a dry face, massage the cleansing balm into your skin in circular motions for 2-3 minutes which stimulates circulation and allows the oils in the formula to latch onto dirt and impurities.
- Saturate a soft washcloth in warm water, ensure the cloth is wet but not dripping
- Cover your face with the cloth to absorb the product and gently wipe away in a light, upwards motion, ensuring you do not tug or pull your skin.
our new line of deep klean kleansing balms are:
- Not your typical balm - with a soft whipped texture this balm easily melts into the skin without tugging or pulling
- An easy way to maintain your at-home glow between monthly facials as they allow for a deeper cleanse to draw out any impurities effectively without stripping the skin of essential oils and disrupting the skin barrier.
- Great for travel - throw them into your travel kit or gym bag for easy cleansing no matter where you are.
deep klean + moisturize
This moisturizing cleanser deeply cleanses your skin while adding a heavy dose of moisturization.
- Oryza Sativa (Rice) Powder - moisturizes & nourishes the skin
- Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil & Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract - conditions and softens the skin
deep klean + detox
This cleansing treatment includes detoxifying charcoal and salicylic acid to help treat oily and blemish-prone skin or skin that needs a clarifying cleanse.
- Pumice - finely ground for gentle exfoliation
- Salicylic Acid - help exfoliate the skin and purify pores to reduce breakouts
- Charcoal powder - a natural detoxifier that will draw out impurities from the skin